BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

There's a Bad Moon on the Rise.......

Today started off on the wrong foot. Yesterday I had bought Clinique Acne Control Foundation at Sephora and even had one of the sales associates test it on my skin. It looked fine. However, when I applied it this morning I could tell it did not match my skin. It made it look way too yellow. I had used my Sephora Gift Card that my friend Katie gave me for Christmas to buy that, along with the powder.

I also forgot to take my second dose of Xanax before I left work. I really could have used it.


When I got to work, I got my schedule for the week.. We all have horrible hours. I have three days off and only 20 hours. It's the end of the Can Can sale and our hours usually do get cut in late January/early February until business picks up again. I guess this time of year is slow for anybody.

When I clocked in, my boss called me into her office. She told me that a customer complained about me. The incident happened Monday and he just told her yesterday? Anyway, I was on Express (12 items or less) and he had about 30 items. I took him because there was nobody in line, but reminded him that it was express. Anyway, he told my boss I was busy talking to one of the cashiers and that's why I didn't want to take him. He said other stuff and asked if I was even trained. WTF? So he thought I treated him badly. My boss was surprised. I didn't get written up or anything, but I was reminded that WE HAVE TO TAKE ALL CUSTOMERS, REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY ITEMS THEY HAVE, EVEN IF IT'S THE EXPRESS LANE. So please don't get mad at your cashier if you go in express and someone has 30 items. Get mad at the customer. We have to take them. It's unfair, I know. But it's not the cashier's fault.

After that I just had some really bizarre customers and had to do my best to keep from screaming at them. I just felt like everything that could go wrong, would go wrong. It was one of those days. After my break, I was put on a register with one of those spinning wheels, only the wheel was out of the alignment (it's been like that for a week) so I had to keep pulling it back and it sure was heavy. No surprise that my back is bothering me now.

But the good news? When I got home I found out that my grandmother is down the shore with my aunt and uncle, maybe until Monday. Yay! Peace and quiet! Also, I got a disability check for one of the weeks that I was out. I was worried I'd be denied. I don't know if I'll get one for the first week or not. I think the rule at work is you have to be out at least 7 days to apply for temporary disability, and I'm not sure if you get paid for the first week. But I'm grateful to have this check. It'll help, especially since I don't have many hours this week.


So, it doesn't sound all that bad, right? I guess I'm one of those people who are sensitive to the effects of the full moon. Dealing with customers who also are is no fun. Most of the people I dealt with were miserable today.

1 comment:

  1. I notice people are a bit nuttier around the full moon too. Or maybe I'm nuttier and I just think it's everyone else. Either way. I feel ya sister!

    ReplyDelete