Not much to say today. My brain has been kind of "cloudy" again, since the increase in Seroquel last week. Most people don't understand who how certain meds, especially antipsychotics, can really slow down your thoughts.
Work was okay yesterday. I really didn't mind working the later shift. Today I work 3:30 to 8:30. It was a madhouse yesterday when I went in, but started dying down around 4. We're expecting snow tomorrow night into Wednesday so I expect it to be really crazy tomorrow. I work 12-6 tomorrow. I've been really anxious today. Most likely anticipating the craziness tomorrow and digging out for work on Wednesday, though I don't have to be until 12:45 then. I already took two of my Xanax pills today so I'm a bit more mellow. I really think I'm developing a tolerance to them, no matter what my doctors say. They don't seem to calm me as much as they used to. I'm usually painfully aware of all the side effects of my meds. I even think the increase in Seroquel has something to do with my anxiety lately. It'll be a week on Wednesday that I was increased to 200 mgs. I really don't want to have to take an extra Xanax or two, though I've been given permission to when my anxiety is really high.
I'm not really feeling the irritability or rage or drastic mood swings so that's a good thing. But I hate feeling like I'm in a dysphoric funk also. Oh well. One day at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


and if one DAY at a time doesn't work--pare back to ONE HOUR.....
ReplyDeleteseriously!
I don't think you are developing a tolerance to the Xanax as much as an ACUTE awareness of their effects. And so you expect more and more of it....does that make sense?
Breathe.
stay hydrated
remember: everyone is just as 'effed up as you are! <3
Thanks! ♥) Yes, it makes a lot of sense. :) I know so much about the side effects of drugs from being on so many different ones that I seem to EXPECT to have them. :/
ReplyDelete