BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

PMS Plus Hospital Bills=Stay Away From Me For Your Own Good!

So, I guess today is day 2 of PMS and I have been more irritable than usual. Work was alright. It wasn't NEARLY as busy as I anticipated. I think it was because we were all shocked to wake up to snow, when the weather forecast said we would start off with rain. It was pretty messy on my way to work, and it was a little busy early on, but then it really died down. I got out at 1:30 and it was just rain. I'm sure the next few hours will get pretty busy because we are expecting some major snow this evening into night, about 6-10 inches. Glad I don't have to work tomorrow or Friday!

What really put a damper on my day was coming home and finding two hospital bills from April 2009! Nearly TWO FRIGGIN'YEARS AGO. Both ER visits. One for $509.28, the other for $409.71. But it gets better! I talked to my insurance company and I have more bills on the way! For my 10-day hospitalization in July 2009, my coinsurance will be at least $1500. I'm sure I'll be seeing these in the mail very soon. Not too mention my Christmas night adventure in the ER, but that won't come for another year or two, considering how damn long it takes the stupid insurance companies to process these payments. I was a fool to have forgotten about them.

Now, these bills aren't too bad, considering the bills some people get, especially the ones that are uninsured. There is a possibility I could file for Charity Care for these bills. I would need bank statements, paystubs, tax returns, etc. to prove my income. This is a problem. It's been nearly two years and I'm almost positive I didn't save paystubs from April 2009. I get about 25 hours a week at work and make $11.35 an hour. Not too shabby, but I also have to pay car insurance, five credit card bills, and the numerous doctor visits to my psychiatrist, mainly. Although I've been seeing my general doctor for things like acne and wart removal a lot, recently. Being Bipolar is not something I can help, but I do my best to work hard at my job. I don't want to end up on Disability. I want to MAKE SOMETHING out of my life. The problem is, I do have these episodes which I do my damdest to deal with, but sometimes things spiral out of control. I don't believe I"m eligible for SSI or Medicaid.

If worse comes to worse, I'll just have to make monthly payments on these hospital bills. Whatever I can afford. They might try to say I have to pay a certain amount each month (something more than I can afford), but if I at least make an effort and pay something, they can't send my account to collections, can they?

2 comments:

  1. Omigosh, that is so stressful. I really hope that things look up for you soon. It is amazing how many people are going through similar struggles and I agree, it is not fair at all. Big hugs. My business partner and I (Leanne and Cheryl from The WAHM Solution) are following you on Blog Frog, we look forward to more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete