BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Reassurance

One of the things I hate about myself is when I get in one of my moods where I need reassurance. I'm a horribly insecure person whose self-esteem seems to fluctuate all the time. There are times where I feel on top of the world and other times I feel I'm completely worthless. I feel like I need people to reassure me that I have people who care about me, that I'm loved, etc. It's not an intentional act of manipulation, as some people might see it. I really have doubts about who is really my friend and who isn't. I see many people get comments on their twitter of Facebook posts about similar problems that I'm going through and then I get hardly none. When this happens, it really hurts me. It truly makes me feel that people don't care. Perhaps it's just paranoia, but it can drive people away. Sometimes I feel so needy I just need someone to offer me a virtual hug instead of not responding at all.


At work, I'm the quiet one who always has to make an effort to try to be included in conversations. I admit that a lot of it is my own fault because I often tend to push people away or seclude myself at times. I'm working on this and I think I'm getting better, but I'll admit it makes me angry when people don't do this for me. Sometimes I guess I have such high expectations of people that most fail to meet.

3 comments:

  1. Other people's opinions of me matter more than they should, so I understand your feelings. You're probably shy because the risk of being (or feeling) rejected outweighs the hope of being accepted. People do care about you! Me included!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like that, i always feel that i'm walking on shifting sands and that friends come and go.Oh the people i've pushed away!
    And i too sometimes think "HEY OVER HERE".

    But really, i think we are wrong, and we should give people the benefit of the doubt more often and trust people a little more. Things seem to go better.And yeah, people are not perfect and can never be so. We all need to cut ourselves some slack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *HUGS* to you both and I agree with you both!

    ReplyDelete