BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2011

How I Spent My Summer Mania

So this summer I decided to make some big changes. I wanted to lose weight so I decided to start a diet that my sister is currently on. It's called Advocare. The products are pretty expensive, but my sister lost a lot of weight on it so I decided to try it. The products worked! I felt great! I ended up losing about 30 lbs. I was at 205 at the end of May, and now about 175. I also decided to start eating healthier. For the most part, I felt on top of the world. I had a lot of energy and was thinking that perhaps I'd eventually be on less meds. Around July, I also started investing money in sites like Neobux. I've used those paid-to-click sites before to make a few bucks, but I foolishly thought I'd end up getting rich by using them. I invested over a thousand dollars (from credit cards) in that site, and money in others. Along with that and my diet, I was wracking up credit card debt but didn't care. I came close to walking out on my job several times and my doctor became concerned. She had added Haldol to calm me down, which it did, but then I stopped taking it because of the side effects. Then I pretty much crashed. I was put on Fanapt, 6 mgs, recently along with my current dose of Seroquel, Xanax, and Zoloft. The goal is to ween myself off the Seroquel, because of the weight gain associated with it. I've been on Fanapt for two weeks and asked if I could cut down on Seroquel (cutting in half my 200 mg tablet at night) until I see my doctor again. Unfortunately this week the mood swings have been pretty bad. I've been having major anxiety and depression, along with suicidal thoughts creeping up. I think I'm going to go back to 200 mgs because I can't stand the mood swings. I really want to get off the Seroquel, though. I wish there was a drug that didn't cause major weight gain. I'm no longer taking those pills from Advocare because I can no longer afford it. My credit card debt is really piling up. I can only afford to make minimum payments and one of my minimum payments is about $90. I've been taking a Pharmacy Technician course and really hoping to get a job in that field because I hate my current job so much, but I'm afraid that I'm becoming unstable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment